Parent Involvement Opportunities
Parents are highly involved in their children’s education at Lincoln Street School. Parents work closely with their students on a daily basis and frequently with Lincoln Street teachers. Under the guidance of supervising teachers, parents teach at home and are provided with the necessary tools to do so.
Parents are also included in field trips and may volunteer to serve the school in many ways. Opportunities are also provided for parents to gather to exchange ideas with each other. Surveys to students and parents are given annually as an additional opportunity for input.
For further information on parent involvement opportunities, please contact the school at (530) 528-7301.
family success liaison - andrea martinTop of Page
As the Lincoln Street School Family Success Liaison, Andrea works directly with families to help them succeed.
Andrea is passionate about helping people, cheers people on, and focuses on a strengths-based approach at Lincoln Street School.
What services does she provide?
- Checks in to see how families are doing
- Identifies community resources
- Assists families in accessing resources for basic needs (food, shelter, access to health care)
- Maintains positive relationships with community partners
- Provides strategies to help families and students to get involved in our community
- Assists in developing school wide family and child engagement opportunities
- Focuses on social emotional learning strategies to help families succeed
- Helps address barriers families may be facing due to adverse experiences and/or trauma
- Refers families to local helping agencies
- Leads weekly Parent Chat to help homeschool families connect and relate
- Leads monthly SEL Kids movement with students
- Helps families see the good and focus on strengths
22-23 lincoln street surveysTop of Page
Each year Lincoln Street School needs to hear from both its parents and its students. The survey results help to develop goals and help shape our school's mission. Each survey has an option to remain anonymous by leaving identifying boxes blank. We greatly appreciate everyone taking the opportunity to provide this very valuable feedback. Thank you.
Family featureTop of Page
Let's celebrate our accomplishments together whether big or small! Do you have an upcoming birthday? Did your team win? Did you get an A on a test? Did you learn something new?
We feel it is important to celebrate the accomplishments that we feel proud of, so we are introducing Family Feature as a means to celebrate with you.
Click the padlet below to share with us!